60 capsules (500mg): A source of Omega 3 and astaxanthin
Antarctic Krill Oil (Euphausia superba) is a natural source of high concentration omega 3 oil, the powerful antioxidant astaxanthin, as well as high levels of phospholipids – a fundamental component of human cell membranes. It contains two types of Omega 3 fatty acid: eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA).
Krill oil is used for the same reasons as cod liver oil, flax oil and other omega 3 fatty acids, but is often favoured because it does not cause fishy burps or an after-taste – a common side effect of fish oil.
The fact that it contains astaxanthin is also unique. The ultimate antioxidant – researchers have found that it may be more powerful than vitamin E, beta-carotene and lutein. It can also enhance the action of other antioxidants, such as vitamin E and C.
Our krill oil is a high-strength formula (500mg), provided in an easy-to-swallow marine gel capsule form. It is sourced exclusively from sustainable fisheries in the Antarctic, through our partners Aker BioMarine™ who work with World Wildlife Foundation Norway to ensure sustainable krill harvesting.
# Approved EFSA health claims:
- EPA and DHA contribute to the normal function of the heart (with a daily intake of 250mg) – click here and here for EFSA scientific opinion.
- DHA and EPA contribute to the maintenance of normal blood pressure (with a daily intake of 3g of EPA and DHA)* – click here and here for EFSA scientific opinions.
- DHA contributes to the maintenance of normal blood triglyceride levels (with a daily intake of 2g of DHA and when taken in combination with EPA)* – click here for EFSA scientific opinion.
- DHA contributes to maintenance of normal brain function (with a daily intake of 250mg of DHA) – click here andhere for EFSA scientific opinion.
- DHA contributes to maintenance of normal vision (with a daily intake of 250mg of DHA) – click here and here for EFSA scientific opinion.
*Users should not exceed a supplemental daily intake of 5g of EPA and DHA combined.